|Position||Bureaucrat, Administrator, Dates Project Supervisor, Community Manager|
|Eye colour||Dark brown|
- "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- ― Gandalf to Frodo in The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Shadow of the Past"
 Daily To-do
- DELETE: there are 66 pages to be deleted
 About Me
I'm Mith and I'm a 32-year-old Tolkien fan from Sussex in the UK. The name Mith is a contraction of the name Mithrandir (the Sindarin name for Gandalf) which is the name I've used for myself on many Tolkien websites over the last twenty years.
Here on Tolkien Gateway (TG), I am a bureaucrat, administrator, community manager, and dates supervisor. I have been a member of this website and community for over fourteen years, and as such am the number 1 editor of TG in terms of edits, as well as having provided much of the structure and templates of the wiki as it currently is; I also work with User:Hyarion on maintaining the website from a technical perspective, and the current theme/skin on TG is "Mithilien". Having said all that, I still regard my contributions as relatively modest, but I hope they go some way to making this wiki the best online Tolkien resource. You can contact me via email (right) or on my talk page.
Outside of TG, I am a very active member of The Tolkien Society, and my main interests are: languages, Tengwar, genealogies, maps, calendars, and the history of the First Age. In fact, almost everything within the legendarium (so long as it isn't poetry)!
Outside of Tolkien, I chair two charities and am particularly interested in politics and British political history. I'm also an avid fan of Nintendo, and Lego; and enjoy reading a wide variety of works on language, (auto)biography, crime fiction, fantasy, political philosophy and theory.
- Timeline and years:-
- Locations (especially those of The Shire)
- Hobbits (continue with Tooks first)
- Constellations, cosmology and astronomy
- Work on Durin's Folk
- To further, and expand, the articles on the
Arnorian andGondorian Kings
- Re-visit the Kings of Arnor as the bar I set for myself is now higher
- Songs and poems
- Forum:TG Advent: 30 Improved pages for the New Year
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
- New skins for TG
Fixing Ithilien to work with 1.17
- Fixing <ul> and <ol> error with thumbnails
- Fixing Cavendish to work in 1.17
- Generally tidying and minor edits
- Policy and Help
- Creating templates for articles (along the lines of previous ones like this - see my my sandbox for some in progress)
Creating a new Main Page
New images for: Balin, Dwalin, Fíli, Kíli, Dori, Nori, Ori, Óin, Glóin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur
Template for web citations (former Template:Hfd[former link])
Who; what?; when?; where? link etc.
Timeline and years:-
A template for dates in family trees
Sorting out the mess that is disambiguation
Character: Gandalf (following very closely by Fingolfin)
Location: Gondolin (followed by Tirion)
Quote: see the top of the page
Book: The Book of Lost Tales Part One (forget, The Children of Húrin, this should be edited and released in a separate book)
Chapter: Not strictly chapters, but, the Ainulindalë and the Valaquenta (in The Lord of the Rings I'm rather keen on "The Council of Elrond" and "The Grey Havens")
Era: First Age
Film Scenes: "The Council of Elrond", "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm" and "The Lighting of the Beacons"
- My Talk Page
- My Contributions
- My Collection
- My Sandbox
- My Second Sandbox
- My Signature (if you want one of your own, see Help:Signatures)
- User:Mithbot, my bot for automatic editing of repetitive and tedious tasks