From Tolkien Gateway
|Born||2 June 1978|
|Occupation||Senior Lecturer in Fantasy and Children's Literature|
Dimitra Fimi (born 2 June 1978) is a Senior Lecturer in Fantasy and Children's Literature at the University of Glasgow. She teaches and researches on many fantasy authors. She is also co-Director of the Centre for Fantasy and the Fantastic at Glasgow.
- 2008: Tolkien, Race and Cultural History: From Fairies to Hobbits
- 2016: A Secret Vice (co-editor with Andrew Higgins)
- 2019: Sub-creating Arda (co-editor with Thomas M. Honegger)
- 2021: Επιδράσεις της Αρχαίας Ελληνικής Γραμματείας στο Έργο του Τζ.Ρ.Ρ. Τόλκιν = Echoes of Ancient Greek Literature in the Work of J.R.R. Tolkien (co-editor with Dimitrios Kolovos)
- 2006: Working with English: Medieval and Modern Language, Literature and Drama
- 2006: Folklore
- 2006: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment
- Fairyology, Victorian
- Greece: Reception of Tolkien
- 2007: Tolkien Studies: Volume 6
- "Tolkien's '"Celtic" type of legends': Merging Traditions"
- 2007: Silver Leaves
- "A Note on Túrin and Oedipus"
- 2007: Old Norse Made New: Essays on the Post-Medieval Reception of Old Norse Literature and Culture
- "Tolkien and Old Norse Antiquity: Real and Romantic Links in Material Culture"
- 2008: The Ring Goes Ever On: Proceedings of the Tolkien 2005 Conference
- "Material Culture and Materiality in Middle-earth: Tolkien and Archaeology"
- 2008: Mallorn 46:
- "Teaching and Studying Tolkien"
- 2011: Picturing Tolkien: Essays on Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings Film Trilogy
- "Filming Folklore: Adapting Fantasy for the Big Screen through Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings"
- 2012: Critical Insights: The Fantastic
- "Tolkien and the Fantasy Tradition",
- 2013: J.R.R. Tolkien: the Forest and the City
- "Wildman of the Woods': Inscribing Tragedy on the Landscape of Middle-earth in The Children of Húrin"
- 2014: Mallorn 55:
- "Tolkien and Folklore: Sellic Spell and The Lay of Beowulf"
- 2017: The Times Literary Supplement
- 2017: Death and Immortality in Middle-earth
- "'Tears are the very wine of blessedness': joyful sorrow in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings"
- 2018: Journal of Tolkien Research
- 2018: The Conversation
- 2022: The Conversation
- 2005: Tolkien Studies: Volume 3:
- 2008: Folklore
- Review of Ents, Elves, and Eriador by Matthew Dickerson and Jonathan Evans
- 5 September, 2012: Tolkien Library
- 2009: Clash of the Gods
- 2014: Beowulf Launch Party
- 2014: BBC - iWonder
- 2014: BBC - iWonder
- 2016: BBC Radio 4 - Archive on 4
- 2020: BBC Radio 4 - Archive on 4
- Official website
- Dimitra Fimi at the University of Glasgow
- Keynote lecture by Dimitra Fimi at Tolkien 2019.