First Age 465
From Tolkien Gateway
First Age 465 (abbreviated to F.A. 465) is the 465th year of the Sun of the First Age of Middle-earth.
Notable events in this year include:
- Beren hears Lúthien singing and awakes from his trance. They fall in love.
- Thingol commands Beren to return with a Silmaril in exchange for Lúthien's hand in marriage. Quest for the Silmaril.
- Beren departs Nargothrond with Finrod and ten companions (including Edrahil). Finrod appoints Orodreth as regent.
- Arriving at Tol-in-Gaurhoth, Beren, Finrod and companions are captured by Sauron.
- Lúthien leaves Doriath seeking Beren; she encounters Celegorm and Curufin who take her to Nargothrond. She escapes Nargothrond with the aid of Huan.
- Death of Finrod and his ten companions in Tol-in-Gaurhoth.
- Huan and Lúthien arrive at Tol-in-Gaurhoth. Huan kills Draugluin and defeats wolf-Sauron in battle; Sauron flees in the form of a vampire and goes to Taur-nu-Fuin.
- Celegorm and Curufin are banished from Nargothrond and subsequently attack Beren and Lúthien. Huan betrays his master out of love for Lúthien. Beren leaves for Angband.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of Beren and Lúthien"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Jewels, "Part Two. The Later Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Coming of Men into the West (Chapter 14)", p. 237