Gifts of Galadriel
From Tolkien Gateway
The Gifts of Galadriel were items Galadriel gave to the Fellowship of the Ring on 16 February T.A. 3019 to aid them in their journey.
Before the parting feast, the Galadhrim gave the members of the Fellowship these items:
- Lembas for food
- Elven cloaks with Elven brooches
- Some Elven rope for Sam
- Boats for the Anduin (Mostly Celeborn)
- Feast that featured Galadriel's singing
At the parting feast, Galadriel presented specific gifts to each member of the Fellowship:
- The Elfstone for Aragorn II
- A sheath for Andúril for Aragorn II
- A golden belt for Boromir
- A silver belt for Merry
- A silver belt for Pippin
- A Galadhrim bow strung with elf hair and arrows for Legolas
- A small grey wooden box with a silver rune "G for Galadriel". Inside the box was earth from Galadriel's orchard. The box also contained a silver nut from a Mallorn tree, the last east of the sea and west of the mountains. This was given to Sam.
- Three strands of Galadriel's hair for Gimli
- The Phial of Galadriel for Frodo
|Gifts of Galadriel|
|Andúril's sheath · Elfstone · Boromir's belt · Merry and Pippin's belts · Sam's garden box · Hair of Galadriel · Bow of the Galadhrim · Phial of Galadriel|
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Great Years"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Farewell to Lórien"