From Tolkien Gateway
(Redirected from March 11)
Events that occurred on 11 March.
On Earth[edit | edit source]
- 1949 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to Miss Turnbull.
- 1963 - Producer Zane Weiner is born.
- 1989 - Actor John Wyse dies.
- 2003 - At Dawn in Rivendell, the third album of Tolkien Ensemble, is released (it was recorded in the previous year). It features recitations by Christopher Lee.
- 2005 - Cartographer Karen Wynn Fonstad dies from the complications of breast cancer.
- 2007 - "The One Ring Celebration 2007" in Burbank, California.
- 2008 - Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings – Sources of Inspiration is published.
In Arda[edit | edit source]
- T.A. 2510:
- T.A. 3019:
- Gollum visits Shelob, but when he sees Frodo asleep he nearly decides not to pursue his plan to recover the Ring.
- Denethor sends Faramir to Osgiliath.
- Aragorn with the Grey Company and the Dead Men reaches Linhir and crosses into Lebennin.
- Aragorn bids Angbor of Lamedon to follow him to Pelargir, where "Isildur's Heir has need of him".
- The Rohirrim travel towards Minas Tirith.
- Eastern Rohan is invaded from the north.
- Orcs of Dol Guldur assail Lothlórien, but they are beaten back.