Third Age 2759
From Tolkien Gateway
Third Age 2759 (abbreviated to T.A. 2759) is the 2759th year of the Sun of the Third Age of Middle-earth. Third Age 2759 was also known as S.R. 1159 in Shire-reckoning.
Notable events in this year include:
- The Long Winter ends. Great suffering and loss of life in Eriador and Rohan.
- The Days of Dearth, a dreadful famine in The Shire, continues.
- Death of Thain Isumbras Took III
- Ferumbras Took II, son of Isumbras Took III, becomes the twenty-fourth Thain of the Shire.
- Wulf's Rebellion: Death of King Helm Hammerhand of Rohan.
- Corsair Wars: Before spring, Captain Beregond repels the invading Corsairs, then sends reinforcements to Rohan.
- Fréaláf, nephew of King Helm, slays Wulf and becomes the tenth king, starting the second line of Kings of the Mark.
- Saruman takes up his abode in Isengard with the permission of Beren.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl", "The Kings of the Mark"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, "Prologue", "Concerning Hobbits"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "Took of Great Smials"
- ↑ T.A. Stewards