From Tolkien Gateway
- This page should be merged with Menelmacar.
Behind this name lies an early story about a Vala named Telimektar, son of Tulkas, who apparently was converted into the constellation of Orion. Apart from the story of Telimektar there are two mentions of Telumehtar the Constellation:
- The name is quoted as an example of the pronunciation of the consonant /H/ with a reference to Orion, explained in a footnote: "usually called in Sindarin Menelvagor, --- Q[uenya] Menelmacar".
- With the translation "Warrior of the Sky", as an older name for Menelmakil, Orion.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Book of Lost Tales Part One
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix E, "Pronunciation of Words and Names", "Consonants" (entry concerning the pronounciation of H)
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Jewels, "Part Four. Quendi and Eldar: Author's Notes to Quendi and Eldar" (Note 15, p. 411)