|"Ostoher of Gondor" by Matěj Čadil|
|Titles||King of Gondor|
|Birth||T.A. 222 |
|Rule||T.A. 411 - 492 (81 years)|
|Death||T.A. 492 (aged 270)|
|House||House of Anárion|
|Gallery||Images of Ostoher|
Later, in T.A. 490, Gondor was invaded for the first time by Easterlings. Since Ostoher had become an old man his son Tarostar worked to defeat this threat. Tarostar succeeded, but not until T.A. 500, years after Ostoher's death.
48 - 324
136 - 411
222 - 492
310 - 541†
397 - 667
Other versions of the legendarium
Ostoher's name was originally "Ostohir", which was changed to "Ostonir", and then finally "Ostoher" in the Second Edition of The Lord of the Rings.
- J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "VII. The Heirs of Elendil"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "The Realms in Exile", "The Southern Line: Heirs of Anarion"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion"
- Paul Strack, "Q. Ostoher m.", Eldamo - An Elvish Lexicon (accessed 29 October 2021)
House of Anárion
Cadet branch of House of Elros
|7th King of Gondor|
T.A. 411 - 492